Saturday, January 11, 2014

Tools of the the trade




Tools can become a large part of the craft.  It seems that any thing that has a potential to make life easier you want it in are tool rack.Don't get me wrong I'm not trading off my tool selection and I want to add more.  My point is that a small amount of tools can result in a quality built leather projects.
  There is no doubt the low end tools work .   Those $5 rotary punches won't punch very many hole before the bend.  This is common knowledge any more so use your best judgement when buying. As far as the quality tools it seems to me that there are more out there and it is easier to find than when I started out.
  Old tools can be reconditioned and it is fun to collect them and often you strike the mother load and find a real cool tool that helps in the shop a bunch.  I love that part of the tool collecting and it is very addicting . Of coarse it goes the other way I have tools that I have know idea what to do with or what there were used for. they seem hard to trade off for some reason.
 Well off to that shop and happy trails!    

No comments:

Post a Comment